Whiteboard: Collaborative Drawing
Whiteboard is a new collaborative drawing tool that allows two iPhone or iPod touch devices to create pictures together over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth peer-to-peer.
I love how fluid and natural it feels when you draw.
Luqven, Whiteboard Pro User
A satisfied Whiteboard Pro User, songnotsung, writes: “This application has potential to be a big hit on iPhone and iPod touch. You can either just make a drawing yourself, or connect to someone else via Bluetooth (a friend, family member with another iPhone or touch) or by wi-fi if anyone else is sharing, and work on one drawing together. You could also use it to play games that you draw like tic tac toe or annotate a photo or map for example with a note. The ability to upload your creations to an online gallery and have them rated adds another positive element to this well-thought-out application.”
Connect over Wi-Fi by connecting two devices to the same Wi-Fi network, or connect over Bluetooth peer-to-peer by using Settings -> General -> Bluetooth -> ON.
For best results, tap the name of the other device on only ONE of the devices. You may need to wait up to 30-60 seconds for devices to see each other. The first resolve takes the longest; if you disconnect and reconnect after this, it should be much faster. This is a hardware/OS limitation.
Whiteboard comes in two flavors: Lite and Pro.
What’s New in the Pro version:
- SAVE your drawings!
- OPEN any image or photo on your device!
- ONLINE GALLERY: Submit your masterpieces to be viewed by others at the new www.WhiteboardGallery.com!
- IMAGE TRANSFER: Open an image while connected, and it will be wirelessly transferred to your artist partner!
- OPACITY: Change your marker transparency!
- COLORS: Choose any color you want with the new full spectrum color picker!
- QUALITY: Better drawing quality!
- SPEED AND STABILITY: Faster and more stable than ever before.
- NEWLY-REDESIGNED INTERFACE: It’s truly a pleasure to use. Bring up the drawing tools the same way you always have: touch the screen with two fingers.
User ratings for Whiteboard Pro: Collaborative Drawing: 4.5 out of 5 stars from 141 ratings!
- To ERASE, select the White color at the bottom right of the color picker, and choose the maximum opacity.
- Submit your masterpieces to WhiteboardGallery.com by using the Save button in the app.
- If you enjoy this app, please give it a top rating to encourage me to develop more.
- Send me your feedback for updates, as I have plans for many future improvements!
Whiteboard Pro fully compatible with all versions of the iPhone OS, from 2.0 through 3.1.1. Bluetooth peer-to-peer requires a supported device running iPhone OS 3.0 or higher.
Whiteboard Lite will support iPhone OS 2.x in the next update, currently awaiting approval from Apple.